over 1 year ago
We know as devs and innovators, your expertise normally lies behind the scenes, however, the submission video needs time too! It's often the first (and sometimes only!) thing that judges review.
With only 3 days left until submissions are due, here are some quick tips to help you prepare your required 3-minute video:
Get organized. Write out a script of what you need to say, demonstrate in your video, and rehearse it before recording. A good script should:
- Be 3 minutes or less.
- Include your elevator pitch of why you built your project.
- Show a demo of your project in action to prove it is a real application and not just an animation.
Start Recording. The great thing about pre-recorded demo videos is that it doesn’t have to be perfect in one shot. One way is to record your screen and demo your application using one of the following options:
- Windows (Windows 10 has a built-in tool called Game Bar to help you record your screen)
- Mac (Using Screenshot in the QuickTime Player app, you can make a video recording of your computer screen)
Upload. Don't wait until the last minute to upload your video to the correct platform. Uploading could take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours.
- Upload your video to YouTube, Vimeo, or Facebook Video.
- Make sure your video is public and playback is allowed so it can be played on other sites.
- Add the link to your video to your project submission.
We can’t wait to see your project and how you showcase it in your video.
Lights, Camera, Action!